Thursday, December 31, 2015

remembering fierceness


On the brink of life 
the path was clear -
dusty feet, the orange sun,
paint,
the sound of the flute 
and cutting chai.

My mind has been wandering. Apart from looking back at the great year that was 2015, I've been thinking about the past 15 years.

It was in 2001 that I decided what I wanted to do with my life. I decided, or rather realised, that I wanted to be an artist. I was a student then, studying Economics. I liked the subject, but painting held my attention without me trying. Something changed that year. I remember the fierceness of that realisation. It gave my life meaning - a form that was truly me. The fierceness has since evolved into a calmer way of life. But it's good to revisit that fierceness to remember why you do what you do.
Happy 2016... May the force be with you!

5 comments:

  1. You too, the force may be with

    ReplyDelete
  2. You too, the force may be with

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally understand what you mean!
    Happy 2016 to you too.
    Que la Force soit avec toi

    ReplyDelete